“If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got”. – Proverb
This little pearl of wisdom applies not only to your strength and fitness gains but to life in general. It is for those of you who have been doing the same thing for months or even years and have hit that inevitable “plateau” and feel like it is going to take the heavens opening up and fire raining down for you to lose that last 5% body fat or round that deadlift up to the nearest 100 pounds.
Some might blame it on the program and others might blame it on things such as work, family, leprechauns or purple elephants. The fact of the matter is, IT’S YOUR OWN GODDAMN FAULT!
- You keep doing the same thing expecting different results.
- You tell yourself that your doing o.k. and still cheat on your diet whenever there is an opportunity.
- You haven’t added whey protein to your pre and post workout nutrition.
- You don’t take fish oil because of the name.
- You do the same boring cardio or light exercises because they are easy.
No one ever said change was easy. Except for those crap infomercials but that is another story for another day.
What is it that you REALLY go to the gym for? Are you going to make a big change in your life or are you just going to fill an hour in your already busy day? I hear people say that want to lose 20 pounds and reduce their body fat on a daily basis and yet so many don’t succeed.
The fact is that if nothing is changing, you are the only one who can CHANGE it.
- Get a good program and lift some heavy shit.
- Get things like extra protein and fish oil in your diet. While we’re at it throw some veggies in there too.
- Get stronger.
- Get leaner.
- Hunt a sabre toothed tiger with your bare hands.
- Do WHATEVER IT TAKES.
I know I may be sounding like John Maxwell or some other self help speaker but I just saved you $9.95 and 300 pages of hearing the same thing over and over again. If you really want something then do something about it.
Stay sexy America!